Vern ♥
▲ Back To Top
Japan culls chickens in key poultry farming area
Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Article extracted from channelnewsasia.com dated 26 January 2011.



In Tokyo,Japan thousands of chickens were slaughtered on Wednesday in the country's largest poultry farming area to fight an outbreak of bird flu. A total of 420,000 birds have been slaughtered since then. This is Japan's third bird flu outbreak at a poultry farm this year, and authorities and farmers worry the disease may spread further.

Local authorities have banned any movement of 5.22 million chickens and eggs kept in the area within 10 kilometres from the outbreak point in Kagoshima prefecture. In Miyazaki, another major farming region some 900 kilometres southwest of Tokyo, a foot-and-mouth outbreak last year forced the slaughter of almost 300,000 farm animals.


Just when we thought that bird flu was gone, it came right back. Hitting Japan with it's third bird flu attack is definitely scary. And I am pretty sure that soon other countries are going to be effected by it too. I just hope that these situation will be able to be kept under control and not spread to other countries as there are already too many natural disasters going on and if this does continues, situations are going to get out of hand. As for me, i know that it's going to be double the impact for me as I am a foodie person and eating is one thing that I do best and not being able to chicken which is one of my most favorite food is definitely not going to be easy at all.

0 Comments

Welcome


My voice, My Thoughts, My Opinions, My Say