Vern ♥
▲ Back To Top
Deepavali
Sunday, November 7, 2010



As we all know, the festival of lights, Deepavali was recently celebrated on 5 November 2010. I must say that it is one festival which I am always anxiously looking forward too. All the visiting, meeting up with relatives and catching up on things is something we get to do only on this day and of course not forgetting all the scrumptious cookies and food.

On saturday (6 November) Marine Parade Community Club celebrated Deepavali with 350 residents from Marine Parade at the Marine Parade Community Club. Their aim was to introduce Indian culture to the residents and to promote greater interracial understanding by having performances by residents and volunteers, including some 20 new Singapore citizens, and if that's not enough, Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong was also present at the event. It's nice to see Singaporeans getting together and celebrating this auspicious festival with our fellow Indians. Hopefully it will not just stop here and we will all continue to participating in each others festivals.

ps: Wishing all Indians a very happy Deepavali.

0 Comments

Welcome


My voice, My Thoughts, My Opinions, My Say